#73 Larry Barnett

#73 Larry Barnett

Friday, August 17, 2012

Sportsman Race - Thompson Spdway 8/16/12

An update from Leadfoot after his 3rd place finish:

Thursday 8-16-12 we shook the cobwebs off the #73 Sportsman car at Thompson. I was amazed how rusty I was at going so slow (compared to a modified). After 3 very short rounds of practice, I was just starting to get reacquainted with driving the slower, higher, heavier, slow-or-no-response- handling of a sportsman car.
By feature time, I was ready to go for it out on the track.  I took the green in 10th, behind all of the guys that have been running near the front of the races each week. Car was going pretty good, our Nat’s open rules engine seemed to gain on nearly everyone down the straights. Finished 3rd.
Saturday the 18th we will be heading to Seekonk with the Modified to hopefully run as quickly or maybe even better than our first trip to Seekonk.
Upcoming schedule…. We will be attempting to make every race on the vMRS, sprinkling in another race or two with the sportsman car, and I will be helping out with the Tinio 44 car on the whelen tour as Spotter.

Cheers,
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment